Sunday, October 12, 2008

rollin rollin rollin

i feel renewed. there's something about having all of your homework done, having eaten a decent dinner, and not dreading going to a dead-end job you hate. i love it.

for the past three weeks, i have been working at one of the dining commons on my campus. while my coworkers and superiors were decent, the work damn near killed me. most of the time, i was a busboy; cleaning tables and picking up food scraps left on the floor. doesn't sound too bad on paper, but in practice, for up to four hours at a time and only being paid minimum wage, its a terrible way to make a living. if nothing else, it did give me much more respect for people in service and custodial jobs. it is hard, hard work.

in other news, i am finally starting to make some peace with my roommate situation. while its sometimes not the best, it could be a hell of a lot worse. besides, i'd rather have someone who wants to talk to me all the time than not at all.

Labels: , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]