Thursday, July 24, 2008

and working overtime

so, i've been doing a lot of thinking lately. mainly, about my future but also a sundry of other things as indicated by my past few posts. i don't know if i've posted this yet, but i recently attended my college orientation and opted to take on 17 units of classes. now, the minimum at my school (and most other schools i think) for being a full-time student is only 12. however, me being my overacheive-y self, i have decided to take on more. i also have a job lined up at one of the campus' dining commons. i know this will be no cakewalk, but i have wondering if i am setting myself to do too much. some of my closest friends are taking less units and they have begun advising me of what may be the error of my ways. so, i'm nervous. i did take advanced placement and honors classes since my freshman year in high school, so i know that mediocre work won't cut it. but, have i taken on too much?

then, in the back of my mind, i just think that i will drop a class that's not something i had expected to be taking. i don't know. i guess this is just one of those things that i'll have to experience for myself. huh.

in college news today, a judge has ruled that uc berkeley has the right to build their athletic stadium anywhere they want, even if it means destroying some of its greenery. kinda sad, but i guess athletics is of more importance to some.

Labels: , , , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]