Wednesday, July 2, 2008

let me learn ya

first off, thanks to the peeps who commented my last post. it really feels good that i have touched someone with my blogging, and i hope to keep it up. in fact, this is actually my third blog - my first (also on blogger) was started in my sophomore year of high school. when school got to be too much of a burden for me to keep up with it, i had to abandon it. last year while i was going through a really bad breakup, i kept a blog on myspace until around 10 days ago when i decided to move back to blogger in order to reach a larger audience, have better customization options, and all that cool junk that comes along with blogger...so yeah. i decided that, rather than just picking up on the old blog, that it might be a good thing to start from scratch. so, the fat girl goes to college was born.

this sorta kinda gives me a segue into my next topic: why do i call myself a fat girl? well, i guess i should start off by saying this: i am about 275 pounds, 5'5, and wear a size 24. so...i am fat. but, i don't think i have the same perception of being fat as some people do. to me, it is not a negative; rather, a variable in people just as height, race, sex, etc. are. i have always been fat. my parents are fat, and their parents were fat. i guess if i really wanted to change, i could, but as a student double-majoring in molecular biology and women's studies, holding a part-time job, and going pre-med (not to mention time dedicated to my social life, my family, my spiritual and religious values, and my precious blogging time), losing weight is not really part of the equation right now. i don't think there's anything wrong with being fat. i have fat friends, and a quite handsome fat boyfriend. it has taken me ten years to be comfortable with my body, and i guess i just am proud of that fact. the reason that i do use "the fat girl" as my psuedonym on this blog is mainly to protect myself (i'm sure as hell not putting my real name up there), but to also give a little background for some of the posts i write. i definitely need to start doing more fat issues on here...
anyways, the point is that i am proud to be fat. i love my rolls and i love myself. i hope that answers everyone's questions...

btw, i was not the first (and most definitely not the only) female blogger who labels themselves as fat. if you're interested, i think i have a few fat women's blogs on my blogroll. if they aren't to your liking, i'm sure you can find a bunch more through your search engine of choice.

oh, i saw hancock tonight. mr. smith did an AMAZING job...loved it :D

Labels: , , , , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]